There are several unique aspects to conducting research in the law enforcement or military markets. Identifying, reaching and recruiting participants can be more challenging than in other industries. There may be specific rules about participants engaging in research and incentives they can accept. Security is an additional concern in military studies. Both groups are busy professionals and surveys need to speak their language, be efficient in design and allow participants to complete the survey in stages, if desired.
Vernon Research has conducted numerous studies with public safety officials and military personnel for companies selling a range of products and services. We understand the sensitive nature of researching in these markets and have proven strategies for designing survey instruments, reaching and engaging participants, ensuring quality control and protecting anonymity and security. Our National Panel of Law Enforcement Personnel has contacts for more than 20,000 law enforcement officers and military.
Examples of law enforcement and military market studies include
- Extensive study of infantry soldiers for international manufacturer of military equipment
- National study of law enforcement officers for communications company
- Brand study for manufacturer of ammunition and accessories (included perceptual mapping of all brands in market)
- User study of law enforcement officers purchasing tactical and duty gear
- Customer preferences and customer satisfaction studies of officers and sports enthusiasts who buy gun parts, shooting accessories and gunsmithing tools
- Law enforcement perceptions of TASER products (including demand forecasting)
Interested in talking with Vernon about Law Enforcement and Military research?
Please contact us today.