The building products industry is driven by innovation and constant improvement. It is also highly competitive and often complex with several layers between the manufacturer and the end user (distributor, architect or engineer, designer, etc.). The challenge is to identify innovative ideas that truly meet market needs and nurture these ideas through the new product development process, market entry and beyond. To remain competitive, manufacturers must know and understand their market, especially their customers and distribution channel.
Vernon Research Group has a long history of conducting building products market research to gather market information that promotes winning product development, on-target marketing strategy and messaging, sales conversions and customer adoption. We have worked for manufacturers, distributors, retailers, architects and engineers. Whether you are developing a new brand, expanding your product line, or re-launching an existing product, our market research can prepare you to make deliberate and informed decisions.
Vernon Research Group has conducted research programs for the building products industry including
- New product attribute preferences/utility values
- Best pricing levels
- Best bundling of product attributes
- Product design preferences/utility values
- Brand name, positioning, and logo preferences/utility values
- Product simulations
- Market simulations
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AND SATISFACTION
- Current customers
- Former customers
- Prospective customers
COMPETITIVE MARKET RESEARCH
- Specifiers and consultants
- Competitive analysis
- Sales and service approach preferences
- Service development opportunities
- Technical tools
- Market penetration/expansion
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Image and brand equity measurement
- Message testing
- Ad testing
- Website testing
- Internet utilization and purchasing preferences
- Sales tools testing (catalog, newsletters, brochures, etc.)
- Employee development and advancement issues
- Diversity issues
- Employee satisfaction and engagement
Interested in talking with Vernon about your Building Materials business?
Please contact us today.